Superannuation Investment Strategies and Advice for Sydney
Superannuation is a retirement savings vehicle that can receive both employer and personal contributions.
The value of your benefits within superannuation depend on:<br<
- Amount of Superannuation Guarantee Contributions (SGC) your employer makes
- Amount of personal contributions made
- Amount of bonus contributions
- Earnings from investments
- Fees and charges within the superannuation funds, and
- The investment options that are chosen
Macarthur Wealth Management located in Parramatta and servicing all of Sydney can advise you on a range of superannuation investment strategies. Call today.
Accessing your superannuation
- Reaching Age 65: At age 65 you are able to access your superannuation, even if you are still working (unless your employer fund has restrictions).
- Retirement: The definition of retirement requires you to be over your preservation age and permanently retired (i.e. do not intend to work again for more than 10 hours in any week). Preservation age is gradually increasing as per below:
- Permanent Incapacity: You can access your superannuation if you become totally and permanently incapacitated. You will require verification from a doctor stating that you will be unlikely to work again.